Collaborative Technology Services (CTS) supports requests from any college, department,
center or official student organization across campus.
Requests should be submitted no later than two weeks before the date of the event to
allow sufficient time for planning. Additional lead-time would be beneficial for
planning more complex events and/or reducing the risk that facilities and staff are
Should a conflict arise for a given space or staff is fully committed, CTS will work
with the two parties to attempt to resolve the conflict.
A facility and/or support personnel are reserved through the Collaborative Technology
Facilities in Howe Hall include: Alliant Energy - Lee Liu Auditorium, Howe
Atrium, Howe Lobby
Reservation of facilities outside of Howe Hall are the responsibility of the
Collaborative Technology Services supports across campus, and event off-campus.
Depending on event needs, appropriate support staff and technical resources will be
assigned to the event. An hourly fee-for-service will be charged.
- If food will be served at the event, a university-approved catering service is required.
- Only university recognized student organizations may reserve a space for an event
through this website.
- An Event Authorization Application must be submitted no later than three weeks before
the date of the event under the following conditions: Events that are open to the
public, (i.e. includes members from outside of your organization including from other
universities), If your event contains any of the following: Food, Animals,
Gambling/Raffles, Alcohol, Youth (Non-Iowa State University Students under the age of
18), Non-university Vendors.
- An event request should be submitted through this website before the Event Authorization
Application is submitted.
- No food or drink is allowed in the auditorium.
- Self-Service Events:
- The auditorium is available at no charge to CoE departments for self-service events from 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- CoE units can check availability and make a reservation for the auditorium by using the Collaborative Technology Services website.
- When locked, the auditorium can be opened by staff in the ELO Main Office located at 1328 Howe Hall.
- Technical support will not be provided.
- Self-help instructions will be available on location and on our website.
- Laptop connection and projection will be available
- This space should be utilized for events with a duration of 2 hours or less, and with greater than 75 people attending.
- Reservations are at the discretion of the Collaborative Technology Services staff.
- Howe Hall Atrium is generally available on a self-serve basis at no cost; but should be reserved using the Collaborative Technology Services Website.
- The atrium is available only during regular building hours:
- Mon-Sat: 6:00am - 12:00am
- Sunday: 7:00am - 12:00am
- Only painter's tape may be used on the atrium foor. Other types of tape are prohibited.
- No tape or other adhesive may be used on the structure of the C6 (south side of atrium).
- Food and drink should remain on the concrete flooring (and off of the carpet).