- Precedence will be given to any unit in the College of Engineering.
- When another event is booked in a space and it is within six weeks of the event,
no change will be made unless the COE unit can find a replacement location.
- Second priority will be given to any COE unit for off-campus events at the discretion of
ELO Event Management.
- Third, ELO also supports requests from any department, specialty center, or student
organization across campus using our facilities as resources allow.
- Requests should be submitted no later than two weeks before the date of the event to
allow sufficient time for planning. Additional lead-time would be beneficial for
planning more complex events and/or reducing the risk that facilities and staff are
- Should a conflict arise for a given space or staff is fully committed, CTS will
work with the two parties to attempt to resolve the conflict.
- A facility and/or support personnel are reserved through the ELO Collaborative
Technology Services website.
- Facilities in Howe Hall include: Alliant Energy - Lee Liu Auditorium, Howe
- Reservation of facilities outside of Howe Hall are the responsibility of the
- Depending on event needs, appropriate support staff will be assigned to cover the event.
An hourly fee-for-service will be charged.
- If food will be served at the event, a university-approved catering service is required.
- Only university recognized student organizations may reserve a space for an event
through this website.
- An Event Authorization Application must be submitted no later than three weeks before
the date of the event under the following conditions: Events that are open to the
public, (i.e. includes members from outside of your organization including from other
universities), If your event contains any of the following: Food, Animals,
Gambling/Raffles, Alcohol, Youth (Non-Iowa State University Students under the age of
18), Non-university Vendors.
- An event request should be submitted through this website before the Event Authorization
Application is submitted.
- No food or drink is allowed in the auditorium.
- Self-Service Events:
- The auditorium is available at no charge to COE departments for self-service events from 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- COE units can check availability and make a reservation for the auditorium by using the ELO Collaborative Technology Services website.
- When locked, the auditorium can be opened by staff in the ELO Main Office located at 1328 Howe Hall.
- Technical support will not be provided.
- Self-help instructions will be available on location and on our website.
- Laptop connection and projection will be available
- This space should be utilized for events with a duration of 2 hours or less, and with greater than 75 people attending.
- Reservations are at the discretion of the ELO Collaborative Technology Services staff.
- Howe Hall Atrium is generally available on a self-serve basis at no cost; but should be reserved using the ELO Collaborative Technology Services Website.
- The atrium is available only during regular building hours:
- Mon-Sat: 6:00am - 12:00am
- Sunday: 7:00am - 12:00am
- Only painter's tape may be used on the atrium foor. Other types of tape are prohibited.
- No tape or other adhesive may be used on the structure of the C6 (south side of atrium).
- Food and drink should remain on the concrete flooring (and off of the carpet).